Money is a resource and tool that allows people to change the world they live in. Unfortunately, money is not always used for change, and because of this it can sometimes do more harm than good. For instance, if I wanted to start making monthly payments on a nice sports car, I would also need to consider how that money could alternatively be used for paying off a semester or two of college. Putting that money towards school would be an investment, starting to pay for a car would be wasteful as spending that money would see no return. School will help me advance myself and eventually launch me into a career where I could be making more income than the present moment, when I have my eyes on that really nice sports car. If I start judging financial decisions as investments versus empty expenditures, I will start to see how my money can gain more power when deciding to invest.
                Once I have made that decision to invest in my college education, I have to stick to it. If you do not follow through on your investment, it will never truly fulfill its status as an investment and instead will fall into the empty expenditure category. While in school it is important that I focus not only on studying and building my skills within my major, but that I am continuing to keep in mind my future needs financially so that I can continue to invest until the time I graduate. One important way to accomplish this is to make a budget and give your income a name. Gain an understanding of where your money is going so that you are diligent in continuing to invest rather than engaging in excessive empty expenditures. If you know where your money is going you will be able to control how it is used.
                Saving is crucial. If you are not saving than you can easily fall backward if an unconsidered cost arises. One great way to save yourself money is to try and stretch your money further. There are several resources out there both through print and digital media that give you access to thousands of coupons that can help you come in under budget. When you come in under budget, the excess money you had planned on spending can be put into your savings. Whether it is signing up for newsletters, picking up the local paper, or using dealspotr.com to spot deals in every facet of your community whether it be food, travel, or car needs, they will help you look for ways to make your money last. If you are living on campus as a college student, local businesses will most likely offer student discounts and offers, be looking for them. Business owners understand that school is expensive. Chances are they were in the same spot as you at some point in their past, so do not be afraid to ask if there are any discounts or offers available, being that you are a student. If for instance you are shopping online, there are several resources that can help you receive discounts on online orders. If you are unable to buy something at a discounted price, have patience and wait for the price to go down, or for a coupon to become available.
                Think before you buy. Consider every purchase and come to a decision that supports a mentality that will invest rather than waste. Create a budget and stick to it. Incorporate savings into your budget so that you are always saving a percentage of your income. Stretch the capacity of your money through couponing by using print and digital resources such as dealspotr.com and put away the excess money you save so that it can be invested further in your education. It may be hard to get into these habits, but in order to succeed at anything you have to consider your limitations and come up with ways to combat them. That way you can focus more on changing your world.


I have written this essay for the dealspotr couponing in college $2500 Scholarship Giveaway. Check it out here:  https://dealspotr.com/scholarship-giveaway